I recommend reading through the following weight loss tips before choosing one or two to start with. After you have successfully incorporated these changes, try one or two more. You do not have to make every one of these changes overnight. Just get started making improvements and be patient yourself. This way you will have lasting success!
20 Tips For Natural Weight Loss :
- Do not make weight loss your top health concern (concern equals stress); instead seek a balanced lifestyle.
- 95% of all people that go on a weight loss program fail; they continue the roller coaster ride, mostly because they do not adopt new healthy habits for life. Make changes that you can maintain long-term.
- Seek out support from family members and friends. You will do better than if you try to go it alone.
- Visualize daily what you want your life to look like. Remember that your thoughts create your life so be mindful of what you’re choosing.
- Lower your intake of highly processed foods and eat high quality locally grown and raised whole foods as much as possible.
- Eat three meals every day. Skipping meals is the best way to cause cravings and imbalance in your life, your health and your weight.
- Include moderate exercise at least three times each week. Walk more and take the stairs daily.
- Practice breathing and relaxation techniques. Breathe deeply into your belly daily.
- Add lots of vegetables to your diet. The more vegetables you eat - especially dark leafy greens - the easier it will be for your body to achieve its ideal weight.
- Drink water all day long. Start with 1-2 glasses upon rising in the morning. Consider each cleansing bathroom break as an opportunity to breath and enjoy well-deserved private time.
- Consider keeping a food diary. Awareness is essential.
- Avoid an extreme diet of low-fat, high-protein or low-carbs. Balance is best. Choose healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, avocado, walnuts, almonds), lean protein (beans, seeds, fish) and healthful carbs (whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal). Eat in moderation. Make vegetables a large part of your diet.
- Eat slower with no distractions such as TV, work or reading. Avoid stressful conversations while eating. When we eat under stress it affects our metabolism and instead of burning our food we store it as fat. This is the natural fight-or-flight response of the body.
- Set realistic expectations. You won’t be the same weight you were as a teenager.
- Don’t follow the “Sumo Diet” of consuming large quantities of food late at night when metabolism is at its lowest. Eat a large breakfast or lunch and a small dinner of salad, soup, vegetables or a highly nutritious shake.
- Be conscious of hidden sugars in your foods. Sugar puts on weight and can lead to serious health issues like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Read labels and educate yourself.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners as these can cause cravings for real sugar as well as other health problems. Use natural low-glycemic sweeteners and eat naturally sweet foods.
- Complete eating at least 3 hours before sleeping. The body needs to fast in order to burn stored fat.
- Excess weight equals potential energy, unexpressed or un-owned power. Seek out creative expression.
- Love and accept yourself as you are today… don’t wait until tomorrow, because tomorrow never comes.
Having the right education and guidance made a great difference in my personal weight loss success.