By now we all know the basics, the backbone to weight loss. Lower your calories, and be more active (work out). Not too hard right? The problem is with work and kids, and traffic, and…. The simple concept of losing weight becomes less and less easy. Do you ask yourself, “How do people do it?” Well, here are some tips that could help you get over the hump, and back on track.
- I think you’ll like this one. Continue to eat the foods you like to eat. I love butter pecan ice cream, but instead of the double scoop with whipped cream, I have a smaller than normal single scoop portion. You see when we deprive ourselves of the foods we like, we end up overeating in other areas. So, continue to enjoy your snacks, just lower the size of the portions.
- Make sure you eat protein with every meal. Your body uses protein to build muscle. Protein also leaves you feeling full longer than carbs. With the added benefit of building muscle, you burn more fat, while consuming less. incorporate healthy proteins, such as nuts, lean meats, and beans.
- Eat 5 small meals including snacks per day. When you consume more meals in smaller sizes throughout the day, overall, you will eat less calories, while burning more fat. It’s good practice to eat more earlier in the day, and taper off as the day progresses. You want dinner to be the last meal you eat.
- Don’t be embarrassed to order kid portions at restaurants. It’s a good habit to practice. You will slash calories, and train yourself to eat less. The smaller meal looks filling to the eyes because it’s on a smaller plate.
- Make it a habit of stocking the pantry with healthy snacks that you can grab on the go. You won’t be as tempted to get some junk food while on the move.
- We sometimes think we are hungry when we are really thirsty. To lessen those chances, stay properly hydrated. General practice is 8 8 oz. glasses of water daily. Do you find water boring? Add some flavor, lime wedges, or other low sugar alternatives. Stay well hydrated and you will find you have less desire to binge eat.
- Chances are you will eat without thinking mostly after dinner. For most of us that’s when we shed all of the day’s issues. It’s this time when we’re most likely to grab some junk and sit in front of the television. Doing this every evening can really wreck all the gains you’ve made during the day. Consider that “midnight snack”, if you must, choose a low calorie, tasty snack.
- When ordering or making a meal, opt for fresh, vegetables in place of potatoes, or pasta. Cutting back on your starches is a good way to lose weight over time.
- Exercise more. It doesn’t have to be “working out” more per say. Just be more active. Use the stairs, find a parking spot farther away from your destination and walk. Be active while watching T.V. These small steps add up to not only increased fat burning, but you will make being more active a habit.
- Things happen in life. When life throws you a curve, don’t reach for food. Instead find healthier ways to deal with the stress. Practice meditation, read a book, or take a walk. These activities while relaxing your mind, will help and not hurt you or your weight loss goals.
Start using these 10 weight loss tips, and watch your gains multiply rapidly.